This internship is not open at this time.
A core function of a distribution company, the distribution department oversees the licensing and exhibition of our catalog, collects the revenue that comprises the financial bedrock of the company, and communicates directly with the wide range of exhibitors who show our films. It also oversees logistics and fulfillment for the GKIDS’ online store, including inventory management and customer relations. This paid part-time position provides an opportunity to access both an intimate understanding of individual film programmers as well as a first-hand view of the rapidly evolving film industry. (Internships for school credit are also available.)
- Keeping the bookings calendar up-to-date
- Collecting and accurately filing box office reports
- Assisting with building invoices
- Responding to or directing select film booking inquiries
- Fielding frequently asked questions from GKIDS Store customers
- Tracking and processing GKIDS Store customer returns
- Strong writing skills with emphasis on email correspondence
- Strong organizational, problem-solving, and time management skills
- Comfortable with working in a fast paced environment
- Comfortable with Google and Excel spreadsheets
- Quick at picking up new systems
- Knowledge of our film catalog a big plus
Interns must be NYC-based and available to work between 9:30AM-6PM Eastern Time and able to commit to 2-3 days.