GKIDS is an independent film distributor focused on the best animation from around the globe. Our films have twelve eleven Academy Award nominations for Best Animated Feature, and GKIDS also handles the Studio Ghibli library of films, including such classics as My Neighbor Totoro and Spirited Away. Recent releases include The Boy and the Heron, Belle, Promare, Weathering With You, and Wolfwalkers.
The Finance and Accounting Associate is a full-time position at GKIDS, reporting to the Finance and Operations Manager. This position will be responsible for supporting the Finance and Operations department by managing basic accounting and bookkeeping duties to ensure books are clean, up to date, and accurately reflect the state of the business. Additionally, responsibilities will include ad hoc tasks in support of the company and the New York office space.
This is a compelling role for an up-and-coming accounting professional to gain experience in all aspects of accounting and finance, especially in the entertainment industry. Additionally, the position provides a high level of exposure to multiple areas of the business. We look forward to hearing from you!
- Assisting with financial reporting for GKIDS’ internal finances, as well as external reporting due to licensors and licensees of our theatrical and home video film projects.
- Coordinating company-wide expense tracking, bills payable, and accounts receivable so that all incoming and outgoing transactions are clearly and accurately labeled
- Assisting and responding to vendor and customer inquiries
- Assisting in monthly bank reconciliations
- Assisting with managing and maintaining up-to-date budgets for company-wide projects including profit and loss statements for film projects.
- Managing check scanning and reporting
- Assisting with financial modeling and supporting worksheets
- Assisting with the creation and issuing of royalty/financial statements
- Assisting with ad hoc operational tasks in support of GKIDS staff and office
- Assisting in managing insurance policies and renewals
- Assisting in the filing of tax documents and maintaining good standing with multiple government entities
- Bachelor’s degree in business-related field, accounting preferred
- 1-2 Years of Accounting experience, less experience will be considered with a degree.
- Fluency in Excel
- Detail-oriented with a talent for computing and a penchant for math, numbers, and accounting
- Basic fluency in accounting systems (Quickbooks Online preferred) with an ability to run and analyze standard reports such as profit & loss statements, balance sheets, and accounts payable, accounts receivable.
- Able to work quickly and accurately under tight deadlines
- Strong organizational, problem-solving, and time-management skills
- Comfortable multi-tasking in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to work out of our NYC office during the initial onboarding period, with future plans for remote hours
- Love for animated films and cinema is a plus!
Please send your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org