As a Graphic Design Intern, you will have a hand in the day-to-day digital marketing efforts across our theatrical and home video releases. This is an enriching opportunity where you will learn what it takes to bring independent animation to wider audiences with hands-on experience in graphic design. Please note this is a compensated internship.
This internship will run from February through the end of August.
- Assist with a variety of design-related tasks throughout our marketing campaigns, including the creation of newsletters, social media content, press kits, internal decks, web design and more
- Please note that ‘web design’ only encompasses layout proposals, and that this position does not require any HTML/CSS knowledge
- Assist in the creation and execution of film-specific brand guidelines
- General research, data entry, organizational tasks and metadata quality checks
- As needed, may assist in the creation of copy and scheduling content for our social media channels
- Reports to the Graphic Design Manager and Production Manager
- Interns must be able to commute to our New York office at least 1 day per week and commit at least 3 working days total between 9:30AM-6PM Eastern Time Monday thru Friday.
- Please note that we are willing to work with class schedules if applicable!
- Proficiency with Adobe Photoshop, InDesign, Illustrator
- Strong organizational, problem-solving, and time management skills
- Understanding of social media platforms (TikTok, Twitter, Instagram) and latest trends
- Comfortable multi-tasking in a fast-paced environment
- Love for animated films and cinema
- Applications for this internship close on January 17, 11:59PM ET.
- Apply Here
GKIDS is an independent film distributor focused on the best animation from around the globe. Our films have twelve Academy Award nominations for Best Animated Feature, and GKIDS also handles the Studio Ghibli library of films, including such classics as My Neighbor Totoro and Spirited Away. Recent releases include The Boy and the Heron, Inu-Oh, and EVANGELION:3.0+1.01 Thrice Upon A Time.
GKIDS is focused on equality, and believes deeply in diversity of race, gender, sexual orientation, religion, ethnicity and national origin. We are committed to hiring employees that reflect the films we represent, and the world around us.