GKIDS is an independent film distributor focused on the best animation from around the globe. Our films have twelve Academy Award nominations for Best Animated Feature, and GKIDS also handles the Studio Ghibli library of films, including such classics as My Neighbor Totoro and Spirited Away. Recent releases include BELLE, The First Slam Dunk, and Unicorn Wars .
The Home Entertainment Coordinator is a full-time position at GKIDS, reporting to the Director of Home Entertainment. The coordinator will provide logistical and administrative support and project coordination to support the successful release of approximately 15 new home entertainment titles per year and the ongoing stewardship of a catalog of over 100 films and television shows.
This position will support the availability of films on Blu-ray, digital platforms and streaming through product research, writing, copyediting, metadata management, deadline tracking, and client communication.
The Home Entertainment Coordinator should be detail-oriented, thoughtful, and efficient, with an ability to offer support as needed. The role will focus heavily on project coordination, data entry, and compiling reports and research.
This position is based in Los Angeles with a combined at-home and in-office schedule.
- Reviewing and analyzing trends in product design, scheduling, and pricing.
- Conducting research related to all areas of home entertainment business including streaming, digital sales, and Blu-ray products.
- Data entry and database maintenance.
- Creating and disseminating pitch decks and marketing materials.
- Coordinating of cross-departmental workflows and deadline tracking.
- Copyediting and spot checking packaging designs, metadata and other printed materials.
- Tracking home entertainment promotions, goals, and outcomes.
- Detail oriented with proficiency in data entry.
- Fluency in Airtable, Excel, Powerpoint, Google Suite, and Asana.
- Fluency in social media platforms forums and ability to research customer and fan behaviors and feedback.
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to clearly and effectively communicate with external partners and customers.
- Skilled writer and copyeditor.
- Ability to work quickly and accurately
- Strong organizational, problem-solving, and time management skills
- Interest in the film industry generally and animated films specifically.
- Ability to work at our office in Highland Park at least twice a week.
- Ability to problem solve and operate under pressure across multiple projects
- 1–2 years in an office or entertainment industry setting preferred
GKIDS is focused on equality, and believes deeply in diversity of race, gender, sexual orientation, religion, ethnicity and national origin. We are committed to hiring employees that reflect the films we represent, and the world around us.
The salary range for this position is $50,000 – $55,000 annually with possibility of bonus based on performance. GKIDS offers a full range of benefits including health insurance, 401k matching, and other programs.