As a Social Media Intern, you will work with our Social Media Manager and Production Manager to create social video content and social media posts for our theatrical and home video releases. This is an enriching opportunity where you will learn what it takes to bring independent animation to wider audiences with hands-on experience in content creation, social media research, and community engagement. Please note this is a compensated internship.
This internship will run from mid-May through the end of 2023.
- Posting social media content across all GKIDS platforms
- Content creation for our social platforms (Primarily Tiktok, Instagram, and Twitter). This will include editing from existing video materials, as well as shooting new video content.
- Sharing press hits via Instagram Stories and other promotional channels
- Research on trending topics, formats, and templates
- Keeping up on audience engagement on our various social platforms
- General research, data entry, and metadata quality checks
- Interns must be able to commute to our New York office at least 2 days per week and commit at least 3 working days total between 9:30AM-6PM Eastern Time Monday thru Friday.
- Understanding of social media platforms (TikTok, Instagram, Twitter) and latest trends
- Strong working knowledge of Adobe Premiere
- Basic proficiency in Adobe After Effects and Photoshop
- Familiarity with digital cameras and lighting setups a plus
- Writing skills with emphasis on effective copy for brand voices
- Strong organizational, problem-solving, and time management skills
- Comfortable multi-tasking in a fast-paced environment
- Love for animated films and cinema
- Applications for the Social Media Internship close on April 17, 11:59PM ET.
- Apply Here
GKIDS is an independent film distributor focused on the best animation from around the globe. Our films have twelve Academy Award nominations for Best Animated Feature, and GKIDS also handles the Studio Ghibli library of films, including such classics as My Neighbor Totoro and Spirited Away. Recent releases include Belle, Inu-Oh, and EVANGELION:3.0+1.01 Thrice Upon A Time.
GKIDS is focused on equality, and believes deeply in diversity of race, gender, sexual orientation, religion, ethnicity and national origin. We are committed to hiring employees that reflect the films we represent, and the world around us.